Book a hotel with a discount and save up to 60% . Book a room at a great price. Hotels make up the biggest portion of spending on any holiday vacation budget. But if we spend too little we might end up with a dumpy hotel. And finding out that you spent too much for a hotel afterward can make you feel like you’ve been put in the dumps. The key to finding a decent quality budget hotel or a luxury resort with a reasonably priced suite is to use the services of Internet-based hotel reservation agencies.
Book a hotel with a discount and save up to 60%
Advantages of booking with Hotellook
- All Prices & Discounts : We monitor deals, search and compare prices provided by 70 hotel booking services.
- No hidden fees : Hotellook operates with and shows the final room pricing. No additional taxes and hidden fees.
- Inexpensively : Room prices change constantly. Subscribe for price alerts to stay informed of any price changes for the hotel of your choice.
- Secure : All booking services are thoroughly inspected by our Security Department.
Our hotel search is better than direct search on booking websites : We compare room prices from 70 different hotel booking services, enabling you to pick the most affordable offers that are not even listed on each service separately
The price for one and the same room can differ depending on the website you are using. Price comparison enables finding the best offer. Also, sometimes the same room can have a different availability status in another system. We search both the largest booking websites and small local systems. Oftentimes, small family hotels are not listed on large booking websites. We collect feedback from multiple booking systems, making the Hotellook ratings more accurate.
Find hotel deals and discounts
Most people book their rooms directly with the hotels they choose. While you may find attractive rooms rates that way, most seasoned and savvy travelers use hotel agencies for finding even better rates. Hotel reservation agencies are in the business of providing and connecting travelers with hotels through the offering of discounted hotel rates, that are not offered directly by hotels. These agencies have a much wider presence on the Internet than the hotels they represent and are thus more able to pass on those savings to consumers.
There are many reputable Internet travel agencies available today. Some are better than others. And we’ve all come across at least one of their commercials while watching our favorite television shows. Internet travel agencies are great and do serve their purpose. But if you want the best hotel deals you should use a company that deals specifically with finding you hotel rooms only, not plane tickets, car rentals and so on.
These companies are simply enough called hotel reservation agencies. HotelsClub.com, CheapOstay.com and Hotels.com are just a few names of the most reputable companies connecting travelers with discounted room rates. Though those agencies are really good, there’s an even better way to find better hotel deals.
To truly find the best rates, consider using region specific hotel reservation agencies. A major agency such as Hotels.com for example represents hotels from all over the world. However since they are not region specific they have no special knowledge about any regional hotel market.
Let’s say you want to find the a budget priced hotel room in Bangkok. You should take a look at Agoda.com. They have an office in Bangkok and can generally get you better hotel rates throughout Asia. Agencies with local offices or even within a region are better equipped to offer the best rates, since they specialize in that geographic location. They are the first to be notified of special hotel rates first since there are no lag time communicating with agencies outside of Asia.
For hotels in the United States try Priceline.com. You guessed right, Priceline.com is based in the USA, so of course they are better suited in locating rooms with the rates you can afford. Finding a local hotel reservation agency in the country you are visiting is the key to finding the best rates for guesthouses, hostels, island villas and of course hotel rooms for wherever you are planning to travel to.
The Best Hotel Sites
Booking.com – The best site for finding hotels
- Booking.com Phone Number: 1 (888) 850-3958
- Booking.com Email: email@example.com
- Booking.com Website: Booking.com
- Booking.com App: Download
- Booking.com Review: The most reliable hotel booking site. Easy to use and convenient for trip planning.
- Reviews of Booking.com
These opinions are a mix of my personal experiences and what I hear from readers and online customer reviews.
- The best prices of any online booking site.
- Good customer service when something goes wrong.
- Be aware that there are different types of reservations: most can be canceled with no charge, but some have cancellation fees or charge the full amount upon booking with no ability to change or cancel.
- Booking.com’s “Verified Reviews” (only confirmed guests can leave a review) are more reliable than what you’ll find on Tripadvisor but fake reviews are still possible. Be sure to read as many reviews as possible.
- The maps on Booking.com are better than other sites but they can still be incorrect. If precise location is important then double check on Google Maps.
Why and How to Use Booking.com to Book Hotels
Booking.com has a super handy calendar view for all the hotels you’ve booked. Now you don’t have to search through your emails to find out where you’re staying on your last night in Paris – it’s all right there in your “Bookings” tab. (This sounds like a minor deal, but it really makes a big difference.)
Reviews on Booking.com are from verified guests (people that actually booked a room through the website at that hotel). Every hotel is graded on friendliness, comfort, location, facilities, staff, value for money, and wifi-quality. I have found a score of 8.8 and above means the hotel will be excellent (pretty much 5 star or exceptional value for money). 8.0 and above is basically a 4 star. 7.0 and above is a good quality 3 star hotel. I never book anything below a score of 7.
Booking.com has the clearest descriptions of the idfferent rooms. Though it’s still far from perfect so additional research is often required to be sure you’re getting the exact room you want.
Booking.com has nice large pictures so you can see what the hotel is like. Also has lots of photos of individual suites and room types (but you need to enter potential dates to see these room pictures).
How to Get the Best Hotel Deals
- Start your hotel search as early as you can – hotel rates only go up and rarely go down.
- Visit cities on weekends, visit resorts through the week (for the best deals).
- Use Booking.com or Hotelscombined.com to find the best rates for your destination – filter by review rating.
- When you find 2 or 3 highly rated hotels, contact the hotels directly and ask if they can beat the rate you found online – they often can and will.
- Book the hotel that has the best rate.
- Email the hotel after booking to confirm stay, make any special requests, and ask for a free upgrade.
- When you check-in ask again for a free upgrade.
When is the Best Time to Book Hotels?
Here’s a huge generalization that works pretty well for most situations: For hotels that have a business clientele last minute booking can offer good deals. For hotels, resorts, and vacation rentals that have tourists as their primary guests then booking 3 months to 6 months prior to your stay is likely the best plan.