Dubai Logistics City (DLC) Free Zone
Dubai Logistics City : Dubai Logistics City (DLC) Free Zone. Dubai Logistics City Directory. Lst of All Companies in Dubai Logistics.. Dubai Logistics City (DLC) is the world’s first truly integrated logistics platform with all transport modes, logistics and value added services, including light manufacturing and assembly, in a single customs bonded and Free Zone environment. It is part of the Dubai World Central with the upcoming Dubai World Central International Airport and adjacent to the Jebel Ali Port and Free Zone.
Dubai Logistics City will have the capacity to turn over 12 million tonnes of air cargo annually, in addition to having its own staff village set in landscaped surroundings with sports and leisure facilities, restaurants, shops and service spreading over 21.5 square kilometres, a 140 square kilometre urban aviation community centered on what is to become the world’s fourth largest international airport, Al Maktoum International Airport, currently being built 40 kilometres south of the existing Dubai International Airport.
Upon completion, Dubai Logistics City will consist of warehouses and plots of land for the logistics business of industry, trade, and distributors. Up to 16 air cargo terminals with an average area of 30,000 square metres will handle cargo. The 21.5 square kilometre Dubai Logistics City is part of the Dubai government’s overall 2015 strategy to enhance the emirate’s transport and logistics services and capitalise on its geographical location to make Dubai a regional hub for logistics.
The Dubai Logistics City is a world’s first and one of its kind. Its first phase will be fully operational in mid-2009 when the first cargo flights are expected at Al Maktoum International Airport. The 25,000 square metre distribution centre at DLC is already completed. Dubai Logistics City will have:
- Air cargo terminals
- Land plots for industry or contract logistics
- Land plots for forwarders
- Land plots for aviation industry
- Shared forwarders warehouses
- Integrator facilities
- Dubai Logistics City Office Park
- DLC Labour Village
This allows companies to focus on the optimization of their supply chains, using
- Dubai Logistics City DLC as a global supply chain hub for sea-air or air-air transport combinations
- Dubai Logistics City DLC as a global hub for value adding logistics operations such as merge-in-transit, customization, postponement, packaging and labeling, final assembly
- Dubai Logistics City DLC as a distribution hub for the greater region while reducing number of required warehouses and improving customer service
- Dubai Logistics City DLC as a platform to re-gain control of the distribution channel, e.g. by the introduction of direct sales
To be the best-of breed integrated logistics platform of excellence serving the world-class supply chain and logistics community while positioning Dubai as the global logistics hub of choice.
Dubai Logistics City will deliver a business-friendly, free zone platform, offering state-of-the-art infrastructure and services operated by highly experienced logistics professionals.
- DLC is part of the Dubai World Central Free Zone. It delivers all the advantages of a Dubai free zone:
- No taxes: no corporate tax, no personal income tax, no customs duties within the area of DLC/JXB/DXB/Port/JAFZA
- Secure investments: 100% foreign company ownership, free capital transfers, access to 2 billion consumer market
- Resources: Liberal Visa regulations and easy availability of skilled workforce
- DLC provides this free zone platform exclusively for logistics businesses to ensure the logistics community can optimally collaborate and will find sufficient space to expand in the future.
With the exception of applications for the DLC Office Park, free zone and operations licenses will only be issued to companies closely related to logistics business, e.g.
- forwarders engaged in multi-modal cargo handling
- logistics service providers offering warehousing and value added services in a multi-client environment and with multi-modal transport needs
- contract logistics service providers with dedicated or custom designed facilities for distribution and value added services
- industry and trading companies which self-operate their distribution centers, final assembly and other value adding activities as part of their down-stream order fulfillment processes
- companies supporting the logistics community
- Companies carrying out light assembly